I know. I know. No more awards for a while. But when Amy at LifeBeam gave me this one this week, I was really touched. And humbled. Thank you, Amy! I like the company I am keeping with the blogs you are following.
This award seems to be a new one, has very few strings attached, and came to me from a talented blogger who frequently reminds me of the power of positivity. Like Amy, the blogs I’ve discovered or had recommended to me are very special. Each one gives me a little gift when I read them, so greedily and gluttonously, I try to read them as often as I can, wherever I am (thank you, iPhone). They lift my spirits and provide me with encouragement for life, work, writing, staying positive, being grateful, beautiful art, new ideas, connecting with far away friends, new friendships, and so much more. This award celebrates the WordPress family that we create through the blogs we love and really connect with.
The big thing of this award is spreading the love. So before I do so, here are the simple rules for this award:
- Display the award logo on your blog (done)
- Link back to the person who nominated you (Amy)
10a bunch of others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family (sorry, but I can’t help myself)
- Let your
10Family members know you have awarded them (you guys will probably see this post before I alert you all, but I’ll get around to it in the next few days)
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love to more folks.
Drum roll please for my WordPress Family (I wish we all lived closer by! I’d throw a swell dinner party so we could all hang out in real life. Can you imagine that night? Trust me, it would be excellent. So thank you all for being you, inspiring me, and keeping up the good work!):
- Texas: The Grammar Belle (language improvement)
- Toronto: Three Hundred Sixty-Five (a good regular kick in the ass)
AustraliaUK: Loving Homemade (mmm food)
- Ireland: Chris Black (ah poetry)
- UK: Daily Echo (challenging thoughts + poetry + photography with an occasional dose of Ani)
- Somewhere near Philadelphia: The Drunken Cyclist (mmm wine)
- Los Angeles: Life in our Little LA Garden (limited space urban farming on the west coast!)
- Hawaii: The Adventures of Bipolar Girl (life coach)
- DC: Ps, Qs & Ws (being a better and more gracious person)
- France: Cupcake Travels (travel inspiration)
- East Coast USA (I think): Expressions of My Life (ah art)
- Pennsylvania: Chris Condello |Green Thumbed Vagabond (thought provoking plant growing inspiration)
Happy Weekend, everyone! Make it a good one. If you need to find me, I’ll be moving furniture/spring cleaning/tearing out carpet, digging in the dirt, and harvesting lettuce.
Thank you! I love the idea behind this award; and wouldn’t it be great if we could all hang out together in real life?
Thank you so much! Congratulations on yours and absolutely love the idea of a dinner party! (By the way am in the UK…)
Oops! I will fix later tonight. Doing prep work and tear out during day light hours today.
Sounds like hard work, don’t forget to relax this evening!
Ha! Don’t worry. We will be tired by 7 pm or so.
Thank you so much. I really like this award as it I feel a real personal touch to our WP community and as so many of us have such personal shadings at times this award just helps solidify that connection. I to wish we could have a big ole dinner party, would be so fun.
Thanks so much! I will be sure to bring the wine to the dinner party!
But of course! That is a given!
Thank you! I’ll bring the travel slides… oh no wait, its a dinner party (hehehe) – ok I’ll bring the champagne 🙂
I know these blogger awards are intended to be a good thing, to recognize a blog and it’s blogger.
However I don’t like the fact that the awards want me to do things I rather not do, hence I never accept an award nomination, but am grateful that someone considered me or my blog worthy of being nominated to receive an award.
Have fun, keep on blogging
That’s cool. Just wanted you to know that your blog is being enjoyed. Have a good one.
Thank you so much, Julie. This is a lovely one.. and I’ll make dessert for the dinner 🙂 x
Nice! I really do wish we could have this dinner party. It would be loads of fun and I’m sure the dogs would enjoy it.
They’d be in seventh heaven with the leftovers anyway .. let alone all the company to play with 🙂 x